Proud Tips | Kiwi Fruit Nutrition Value of Kiwi Health Benefits of Kiwi Fruit Uses. Read this article to learn about the Kiwi Fruit Nutrition and Health Benefits of kiwi.
Named after an indigenous New Zealand bird, kiwi fruit is a top immunity booster containing more vitamin C than oranges.
The immunity-enhancing abilities of the kiwi fruit lie mainly in its super-dose of vitamin C, Just one fruit contains around 120 percent of an adult daily recommended intake, and unlike many other fruits, the nutrients remain intact long after harvesting, with 90 percent of its vitamin C content still present after 6 months’ storage And although vitamin C is well known for warding off colds, its effects go much further than that.
It protects the body from all kinds of infections and inflammation and is particularly effective against respiratory diseases. Scientists have found that it helps to reduce coughing, wheezing and rhinitis. People who eat kiwi fruit are less likely than others to suffer from asthma attacks. However, the fruit shouldn’t be given to very small children as it can sometimes cause allergies.
Kiwi fruit is loaded with lutein, a carotene, which, together with vitamins C and E, helps to reduce blood clotting as well as blood fats. Their high levels of vitamins C and E are particularly good for preserving youthful skin and protecting vision, and being potassium-rich, kiwis can prevent many age-related conditions from high blood pressure to insomnia and exhaustion.
A good source of fiber, kiwi fruit has mild laxative qualities, which help to promote an efficient digestive system. In helping to eliminate toxins from the body, kiwis also help to lower cholesterol levels, which enhances heart health. Phytonutrients in kiwis have been found to have an anti-thrombotic effect, which is good news for people who are at high risk of heart disease and strokes.
According to research, blood clotting was significantly reduced in those consuming two to three kiwi fruit a day. With further studies, this fruit could possibly become a natural alternative to aspirin as a blood-thinning agent.
KIWI FRUIT NUTRITION
Vitamins B3, B5, B6, C, E, beta-carotene, biotin, folic acid; lutein; CALCIUM, COPPER, IODINE, IRON, MAGNESIUM, MANGANESE, PHOSPHORUS, POTASSIUM, SELENIUM, ZINC; FIBRE; CARBOHYDRATE
KIWI FRUIT HEALTH BENEFITS
- BLOOD-SUGAR BALANCING
- GOOD FOR THE BRAIN
- GOOD FOR HAIR, TEETH AND NAILS
- GOOD FOR THE SKIN
- GOOD FOR THE EYES
- GOOD FOR THE HEART
- GOOD FOR THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
- GOOD FOR THE MUSCULO-SKELETAL SYSTEM
- GOOD FOR THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
- GOOD FOR THE HORMONAL SYSTEM
KIWI FRUIT RECIPES
KIWI AND AVOCADO SALAD
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1oog /3 ½ oz lettuce, shredded
Place 2 of the kiwi fruit, the avocados, apple and lemon juice in a bowl and mix together. Crush the remaining kiwi fruit, then blend with the olive oil and vinegar. Pour the mixture over the fruit and toss again. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
KIWI FRUIT ICE
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 500ml/17fl oz/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp grated orange rind
Combine the kiwi fruit, apple juice and lemon juice in a blender and whizz until smooth. Stir in the orange rind. Pour the mixture into a 20cm/8in tray and freeze until almost firm. Spoon the frozen mixture into a mixing bowl, and beat until fluffy. Return the mixture to the tray, and freeze again until firm. Leave out at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.
- 17 Impressive Cranberry Health Benefits | Nutrition
- 18 Impressive Cherry Fruit Health Benefits | Nutrition
- Nutrients and Health Benefits of Blueberries
- Paw Paw | Papaya Nutrition and Health Benefits
- Mango Benefits For Health | Mango Nutrition
- kiwi Fruit Health Benefits | Kiwi Nutrition
- Pineapple Nutrition And Health Benefits of Pineapple
- Grapes Nutrition Facts And Health Benefits
- Fig Nutrition Facts And Health Benefits
- Pear Fruit Nutrition And Health Benefits