Proud Tips | Pineapple Nutrition And Health Benefits. Pineapple Nutrition has good amount of Vitamins and fiber for Health Benefits. Pineapples are a sweet, tropical fruit that you can eat alone, with fruit salads or blended in smoothies. They are packed with immune-boosting nutrients.
Not only a delicious exotic fruit, but pineapple also has a special Health Benefits in the form of bromelain, an enzyme that helps in the digestion of protein and can reduce inflammation and swelling throughout the body.
In ancient Indian medicine, pineapples were thought to act as a uterine tonic, but today they are best known for their anti-inflammatory action. The enzyme bromelain found in fresh pineapple is a protein digesting enzyme that aids the digestive system and inhibits the action of a number of inflammatory agents, thereby easing inflammatory conditions such as sinusitis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout, speeding recovery from injuries and surgery, helping to alleviate fluid retention and preventing blood clots and conditions such as arteriosclerosis. Bromelain can also help the gut to operate efficiently and effectively and is, therefore, a useful remedy for digestive problems.
Pineapple is an excellent source of manganese – an essential cofactor in a number of enzymes important for antioxidant defenses and energy production and needed for skin, bone and cartilage formation.
pineapple is rich in antioxidant vitamin C, which supports the immune system and defends against damaging free radicals, which can cause premature aging. Vitamin C, along with manganese also helps to make bone-protecting collagen. Used topically, pineapple can help to soften and remove dead skin through the action of its enzyme bromelain.
Vitamins Bi, B2, Bj, B5, B6, C, E, K, beta-carotene, biotin, folic acid; COPPER, IRON, MAGNESIUM, MANGANESE, PHOSPHORUS, POTASSIUM, ZINC; BROMELAIN, FIBRE
PINEAPPLE HEALTH BENEFITS
- GOOD FOR THE BRAIN
- GOOD FOR THE SKIN
- GOOD FOR THE EYES
- GOOD FOR THE HEART
- GOOD FOR THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
- GOOD FOR THE MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM
- GOOD FOR THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
PINEAPPLE AND CUCUMBER SALAD
- 300g/10 ½ oz large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- a pinch of salt
- 300g/10 ½ oz pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
Mixed with lemon juice mint leaves, to serve
Put the cucumber in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse off the salt and squeeze out the water. Mix the cucumber and pineapple in a bowl. Chill for 2 hours, then add the mayonnaise and toss well. Garnish with mint leaves to serve.
PINEAPPLE AND HONEY MARINADE
(for salmon or chicken)
- 200g/7oz pineapple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves a pinch of salt
Mix together all the ingredients and leave to stand for 15 minutes. Pour over the salmon or chicken and leave to marinate for 2 hours before cooking.
PINEAPPLE AND MANGO SALSA
- 1 large mango
- ½ pineapples
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 1 cm/ ½in piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Peel and chop the flesh of the fruits, then put it in a bowl with the onion, ginger, garlic, chili, and coriander. Toss well. Drizzle the lime juice and sesame oil on to the mixture. Serve with fish or chicken, or as a dip.
- 18 Impressive Cherry Fruit Health Benefits | Nutrition
- Nutrients and Health Benefits of Blueberries
- Paw Paw | Papaya Nutrition and Health Benefits
- Mango Benefits For Health | Mango Nutrition
- kiwi Fruit Health Benefits | Kiwi Nutrition
- Pineapple Nutrition And Health Benefits of Pineapple
- Grapes Nutrition Facts And Health Benefits
- Fig Nutrition Facts And Health Benefits
- Pear Fruit Nutrition And Health Benefits
- Apples | Apple Fruit Facts And Health Benefits